Friday, December 4, 2009

"BoostBerry" 7520?

My friend gave me his Nextel BlackBerry 7520 because it wasn't compatible with Verizon. I want to know if I can use it on Boost Mobile, because I don't want to be on another contract.



I'm a little bit confused as to if it will work or not; in my various searches I've heard things like, "that's not possible" to "just put the SIM in it."



What I want to know is: Will it work? What will I need in order to browse the web? Opera Mini? Where can I get it? Service books? Where can I get them?



Thanks so much!



"BoostBerry" 7520?movie theatre



Ok, I'm going to do my best here to answer your questions with *not so vague* answers.



The Blackberry 7520 is an iDen phone, meaning it will only work on Nextel networks. Boost uses Nextel's network, but I don't know if they SIM lock Nextel phones from using Boost SIM cards, since they are technically different companies. My guess is yes, it is SIM locked, and therefore, inserting a SIM from Boost will yield the phone saying you need a Nextel SIM.



The reason it did not work on Verizon is that Verizon does not use SIM cards at all.



To browse the web, the phone has a browser built in, but Opera is a free, and optional download, that you can use if you wish. http://mini.opera.com will get you the latest copy for your phone.



http://www.blackberry.com has user manuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin irritation