Thursday, December 10, 2009

What do you know about Australia?

I live in Australia and I am wondering what landmarks etc , do you know about....I ask this because someone from America wrote to me and asked was there kangaroo's jumping on the opera house?



Thank you yahoo family.



What do you know about Australia?palace theatre



its an island..



What do you know about Australia?concert tickets opera theater



More sheep than people.
I know there is the outback and the Sydney opera house. I also know that one of my best friends is from there and I never really asked him about it.
i don't know much about australia but i would love to visit someday
Well, I've only been there twice, but besides Sydney Opera House, theres white sand beaches, Blue Mountains, etc. You can look it up online too. And no, there are no kangaroos jumping on the opera house.
It's south of the USA.
capitial is sydney.



opera house.



kangaroos.



somehow related to new zealand but im not exactly sure how....



and i THINK the first Matrix was filmed there.
The opera house in Sydney is the only landmark I can think of right away....sorry, I guess we don't know much about you.
All I know about Australia is that it's beautiful %26amp; has a lot of unspoiled country. I know of the opera house in Sydney, and that's about it!
it has pretty girls!
I know Australians respect and protect animals more than any other nation in the world, but they also love each other, they have sexy accents and their beer is the best!
i know that a dingo probably didn't eat her baby out at Ayers rock, and someday I'm gonna go dive the great barrier reef
its full of the best people in the world.aussies.
I don't know many landmarks actually....the Opera House would be the only one I could name...although I would assume there isn't kangaroos jumping on the opera house
Home of the Great Barrier Reef, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Andrew Bogut, Steve Irwin and the Wiggles come from Australia!
Australia is just like any other established country that has free voting and non restrictions on basic behavior meaning such as freedom of choice in clothing freedom of choice in how to make your money freedom of choice in who you marry freedom of choice on your education and where you live. There are many well established places to see and unusual animals but also the usual problems with are we living in a fools paradise because we have politicians who are all about now and only now with attitudes of whats in it for me as their only criteria. ~~
there are kangaroos



you live there



its called austrailia



its a continent



people live on it



wow i sure know a whole lot dont i?
The swagman sleeps near the billabong and Silverchair ROX!
quite alot .. lived here all my life..
You live on the largest continent that is an island.



You have some of the most deadliest snakes in the world.



Australia was originally populated with prisoners from England that nobody wanted.



And of course the Aborigines were there first.



And Midnight Oil was a great band, lmao.
I know that you live in a huge country



With all kinds of environments.



I always watch the bush tucker guy on TV:highly interesting



You got the biggest crater from the whole world caused by space material that fell down:amazing:you got 8/10 most dangerous snakes:blgh



Many kangaroos and lost Joey's.



Great that people give them a chance



i could go on for hours,but I RUN OUT OF INK:



Sorry:one thing:i find the original inhabitants more than amazing:my compliments to them.



Have a nice Monday afternoon.



Here it is 0237am.



Sky
There's the Big Banana, the Big Pineapple, the Big Trout, the Big Lawnmower, and the Big Matches, out the back of the art gallery. Lotta Big Things.



I think the Sydney Harbour Bridge is more impressive than the Opera House. The Opera House is kinda dated.



And what about Sydney Tower? I can't wait until they pull that down. It always reminds me of a coffee jar stuck on a rusty spike.



But I can say these things, I live here.
lol kangaroos jumping the opera house woo hoo love to see that..AUSTRALIA the land of plenty.. awesome people and the best tucka ,land marks wooooooooow their are so many ,ularu is beautiful the outback is so awesome the gorges at Alice springs is breath taking, the home of the best AC/DC woo hoo steve the croc man ,brocky even tho i love fords. and our famous GIDDAY MATE. lots of blow flies here to and giant mozzies lol. the murry river the BIG MURRY COD. i could go on and on and on..oops lets not forget the MCG. and the richmond TIGERS wooooo hoo have a great day
Our Roos don't hop around close to us in the suburbs because all the bush is gone %26amp; they need the bush %26amp; grasslands



We have possums all around in the suburbs living in the trees as you will know aussie possum



but they are now a pest in New Zealand %26amp; they kill %26amp; make things out of them %26amp; thats sad



but now some Australians are eating Skippy but I never will
god no kangaroos at the opera house



landmarks



coathanger



opera house



gold coast



sunshine coast



ayers rock



melbourne



the bungle bungles



the olgas



The franklin river



The Daintree and cape tribulation



The coffs coast



The blue mountains



The 3 sisters



The 12 apostles



The great ocean road



The pemberton forrest



Cable Beach



The nut- bernie



The channel country- outback qld



The Fossick fields



The gem fields, lightning ridge, cooper pedy and yahwa



Stanley Chasm



Kings Canyon



Litchfield nation park



Kakadu



Cooktown and Grassy Hill



Lake Argyle and the kimberleys.



should i go on?
I lived in Sydney for almost a year when I was about eleven so what I know is filtered through the mists of time. I know there was a shark-infested bay near my house where I spent countless fruitless hours staring over the water in hopes of seeing a single dorsal fin. I know that the uniform I had to wear in school was scratchy and unflattering. I know "jumpers" is a reference to sweaters and not people committing suicide and that "thongs" are actually sandals and not underwear. I know that kangaroos have a very floppy handshake since I shook hands with one at the local zoo. I know that the architect who designed the Sydney Opera House based his design concept on sections of fruit... orange peels I believe. I know that the hot dogs in Australia tasted better than they do here for some reason, along with the fudge Popsicles called Paddle Pops (do they still sell those?) I know candies were called lollies, and that there were many I loved that are unavailable here... like jelly snakes and Cherry Ripes. I know all the lyrics to Waltzing Matilda and Laugh Kookaburra since we sung both of them almost every day at school... and I know I'd like to go back some day for a visit since I have so many fond memories of all the people and places.
I live here travelled to every state %26amp; territory seen most icons, i heard Colbert on cable refer to Melbourne being somewhere west of Jersey lol.
Too much to type in here. Nice place and great accents! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin irritation